Monday, June 25, 2007

High tide


This last Sunday was the most relaxing Sunday I have had in a long long time. Me and two of my good friends went down to the jersey shore. I have to say the morning didn’t start all that well but at the end no one really cared about it.
We went to a really nice beach, not too many crazy and weird people there, as you would see at a lot of other beaches!
We had a blast, chilling in our bikinis, drinking a bit, listening to music, playing frisby and floating in the water. I was sitting there and wishing I was home, so I could just take of my top, so I wouldn’t get ugly tan lines. But you’ll probably get arrested for doing that here.
Gee it was so beautiful and peaceful it just gave me a little taste of what I’ll be expecting in the next 4 days when I am in the Bahamas. At 3.48 the high tide came in. You felt it getting quite windy and the waves were coming in even bigger than before. Actually there were barely any before, that why we were floating in the water. I was thinking to myself, all those days that I have been a beach bum, where does all the water come from at high tide.
The beaches that I am used to from home at the north sea are totally different. You have to go mud walking for a while until you get out to the water when it’s low tide.
So I was sitting there and thinking, probably really stupid but I have never thought about it before. So I had to google it this morning. Very interesting, it’s all about the gravitation attraction of the moon, the sun and how the earth is turning.
Of course we had to go back into the water, although the wind was freezing cold I thought. Missy was way to tipsy, and the waves were quite big, haha it was awesome. She looked at me and said. “Jen your nipples are ready, take them out of the oven” LOL I never heard that before, but they sure were I was freezing and so were they!!!
Before we left I was just sitting by the water meditating for about an hour. It was just way to beautiful, seeing the sun going dow, and listening to the sound of the ocean.


No comments: