Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Nassau

Nassau is so different from what I have seen so far. While we were arriving I was looking out of the window and saw the beautiful clear ocean. The closer we got to the airport, the worse it got. It looked kind of swampy and dirty. Nassau is a quite poor city, a lot of parts remind me of east new york bklyn where Maddis lived a few years ago. I actually picture some parts of Africa like this. Wherever you look you see brokedown cars in the bushes, and dogs. Me as an animal lover was so disgusted by them, yuck so skinny and full with flies. I am happy that I didn't stay in the Atlantis or Hilton, and actually saw the real life in Nassau and not what all the tourists see. It was nice to experience all this, but like Maddis, I could not live there. I have to say people are very friendly though. Most of them thought we were tourists that got lost, hehe! Their culture is so different, but i find it very interesting! I have NEVER had so many men compliment me, wow it was 2 much, and they really come up with the corniest comments. The best was "Which direction did you come from? North, east? So I can find you, did you come from heaven south or north angel?" CORNY
I have to say I had a really good time though!

No comments: