Monday, November 19, 2007

Duh when it comes to turkey day

So I am siting @ the switchboard today, when the p.a of my boss came in to chat with me. All we really talk about is fashion. She asked me what I was doing for the holidays and I told her that i was doing some volunteering work this year. She was surprised to hear that, of course stuck up rich person who could care less. I told her that Thanksgiving has no meaning for me because we don't celebrate it in Germany. So this ditsy thing seemed quite surprised. " You don't celebrate Thanksgiving???" No idiot, so I actually had to explain her why americans celebrate it. That was an absolut blonde moment. I have noticed it a lot they americans have no clue why they celebrate Thanksgiving, all they know of is the fat turkey they are going to eat.
I find it very amusing that people have no idea of their own country's history!

No comments: